blah blah blah

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Laura and I landed in Hong Kong two nights ago. It is pretty spectacular... very busy. Cars do not stop for anything.... pedestrians definately do not have the right of way. Crazy Hong Kong drivers... ha ha

Our hostel is located in a place called Chungking Mansions... which should hardly be called a mansion. Guess which floor we are staying on? You guessed it... good thing we aren't superstitious. We have been doing losts of walking... buying fresh food from the markets and fresh baked good from the bakeries. Laura and I just had this amazing fresh mango roll with whipping cream... so so good and only cost about 50 cents.

We also just had our breakfast for about $1.50. Rice and chicken and a little egg omelette....

The funnest part has been stumbling across interesting shops and markets. Today we found a beeautiful park called Kowloon park. Would you believe that I have never seen a flamingo before? Well I sure did today! This place was breathtaking.... Fountains and artwork and sculptures and a wild bird sanctuary! Then we walked down to the harbour. The contrast of the city with its skyscrapers and huge buildings against the trees and bamboo of the park was amazing.

Tomorrow we fly out to Thailand.

I am so excited to see what is next. I am taking lots of pics.... although I forgot to bring my USB cable today to transfer them.... Ill have to wait. But I am doing very well and am enjoying the adventure so far. Hope you all are doing well... thinking about you....

Leah

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

I have friends living in HK right now. If you need a dose of the western world let me know and I can hook you up with them possibly. They're very good people and good to know if you want to do anything outdoorsy such as mountain climbing or biking. Tell your uncle and I can give him the info. But, I'd imagine it would be more fun to explore with no contact with westerners.

Anyways, sounds like an exciting trip. Have fun.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Duncan said...

I printed out your email for Papa Leah, enjoy yourself and have fun. See you soon for Turkey at home - love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home