blah blah blah

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trekkin on my own up North... jus postcard perfect.







Laura and I parted ways today.






After spending six nights in Chaing Mai (for three of them I was sick(parasite and food poisoning ick)) and enjoying the festival I headed up to a town called Pai in the north of Thailand and Laura accompainied our friend Doug (not the one from Kelowna.... the other one haha) into Laos.






So far this is the most beautiful town I have been in.... I left Chaing Mai at 12:30 pm to climb aboard a rickety 20 passenger bus filled mostly with dusty Thai people and large sacks of rice between the isles. Funny. I asked the driver where to put my bag (it was so cramped) and he jus laughed at me haha.






A curvy bumpy 672 curves in the road later (seriously they have t-shirts that say 672 curves) I landed in Pai. Being hung over on an empty adrenaline-ridden stomach certainly didn't ehlp me situation. Car sickness soon accompainied me on my journey. It was all I could do to not run and trip over standees to get to the open bus door and be sick while the bus was still in motion.... and it wasnt goin slow...






But it was worth the bumpy, cramped, nauseous ride as soon as I was walking to a bungalow to find a place to stay. This place is absolutely beautiful.






Being on my own is a little odd... Im getting used to it. Time certainly passes slower when u don't have anyone to share the moments with....






So I rented a bike today...rode out of town to a coffee joint where they just so happened to offer horseback riding. So I did. A teeny little pont came out to be my horse.... it was great! That thing had a lot of spunk..... Beautiful to see part of the countryside from atop a horse...






Afterwards... rode another 6 km uphill out of town to a waterfall. The ride was more beautiful thn the actual destination. NOthing spectacular but still amazing to see the rolling fields covered in rice... and the jungle and high mountains. Tomorrow I don't really have a plan.... maybe a do-nothing day is in order before I have a crazy 4 days in Bangkok.






I leave the day after tomorrow to go back to Chaing Mai by the same curvy bus to catch a night train that will take me to Bangkok. 4 full days there before I come home.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home