blah blah blah

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thailand....



I have added pics on facebook.... go check them out


The hostel we arrived at in Phuket is absolutely gorgeous..... very clean and very helpful staff. It is called Phuket Backpackers hostel.


So we get bunk beds... I feel like i am in grade three again sleeping over at my friend's house! "I call top bunk!"


U get hassled about every three feet to see if you want a taxi... then when u say no thank u... they pester u and ask where u are going... sometimes lying to u saying it is too far... or not open yet and offer to take u somewhere else. It is important to be open minded and firm..... others are helpful and point of places and directions on a map... but then still offer to take u.


The ladies that work in the many many clothing and market shops follow u around to be as helpful as they can... as soon as you touch somethin of interest they are on u like flies on shit. It's a lot to take in but I can handle it... U jus have to be firm. We talked a taxi driver down from 100 baht (about $3.50) to 20 baht(about 75 cents) for a taxi ride halfway across town. Yea ... felt pretty proud.


Havent really bought anything..... doint really well on my budget(knock wood) and things are so cheap here. We get a full meal for about 1.50. And Singa beer is less than a dollar a can! Im loving this country so far. You can negotiate pretty much any price to the bare minimum, the ppl r friendly, and the backpackers hostel is amazing!


So we stay here tonight as well... then off to a more beachy area tomorrow. Then off to the islands and crystal clear sparkling waters and crisp snow white colored beaches.


First taste of Thai food today. Spicy, pungent aromas fill the air next to the food stalls... Rice was scopped out onto a plastic plate from a huge rice cooker and ur choice of gingery, spicy curry type stew was spooned on top. My first mouthfulls made my nose run and my face break out in sweat but soon I grew accustomed to the new flavours rolling across my tongue. We will see how my stomach fares tomorrow...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home